The Revolutionary Aqualizer®
Self -Adjusting Oral Splint
Our biggest seller and the most popular splint for the relief, diagnosis and treatment of TMD. Learn more
The same as Ultra sized specifically for teens and adults with smaller mouths. Learn more
A new anatomically optimized shape. Learn more
What makes the Aqualizer®’s dental splints the best choice for malocclusion and TMJ pain relief?
The Aqualizer®’s revolutionary water system makes it different from any other product on the market designed to treat malocclusion. While most dental splints simply disable the bite long term and guess at optimal occlusion, the Aqualizer® takes the guesswork out of treatment by allowing the body to naturally find TMJ pain relief and functional balance.
The Aqualizer® applies a physical law of nature called Pascal’s Law, meaning that when you bite down on the Aqualizer®, the fluid is evenly distributed across the entire bite. Aqualizer® dental splints offer no opinion, enabling the body to naturally balance itself and function on its own.
Our bodies seek functional balance – with Aqualizer® dental splints, it is found instantly
The Aqualizer® is the most accurate and effective differential diagnostic tool available. The Aqualizer® allows the body to find instant functional balance by unraveling the malocclusion it is locked in, making The Aqualizer® an invaluable tool to anyone who is suffering from the effects of TMD. The Aqualizer® obtains a perfect bite on the first try – dental splints made from this bite are immensely effective, predictable, and require remarkably few adjustments, saving valuable chair time. Dental professionals may use the Aqualizer®‘s water system in conjunction with articulation paper or the Tekscan T-Scan® to diagnose bruxism-related facial pain, while other medical professionals use it to treat migraine headaches and chronic neck and shoulder pain.
Why the Aqualizer®?
The Aqualizer®’s unique water system:
- Immediately optimizes biomechanics
- Supports the jaw in a comfortable position
- Removes the teeth from dominance, placing bite and body in harmony
- Straightens the bite to maximize other structures – Aqualizer® is the bridge
- Normalizes the bite and provides TMJ pain relief at will – without drugs
- Removes the imbalance trigger for patients who have existing malocclusion
- Enables systemic function and balance
- Allows the body to naturally balance itself
- Finds perfect occlusal balance, starting treatment immediately
Greater effectiveness for:
- Treating TMJ/PDS symptoms, including headache, neck and shoulder pain and stiffness, and TMD related pain from trauma and whiplash. You can easily provide fast TMJ symptom relief at the first office visit.
- Orthodontics and cosmetics: The Aqualizer® offers better functional treatment planning with a preview of harmony between teeth, mandibular position, TMJs, and the entire muscle complex. Relieves orthodontic-triggered muscle pain during treatment without inhibiting tooth movement.
- Oral surgery: The Aqualizer® provides pre-surgical differential diagnoses and post-surgical pain and inflammation relief.
- Improves restricted opening problems when taking impressions: Wearing the Aqualizer® prior to bite registration establishes a physiologic centric relation.
- Quick, accurate differential diagnosis: Use an Aqualizer® as your first conservative, reversible, inexpensive test to definitively diagnose the problem.
- TMJ pain relief with the Aqualizer® confirms that the pain is triggered or exacerbated by the occlusion, rather than organic or intracapsular (joint) pain.
- Occlusal treatment planning: When malocclusion of any kind is indicated, have the patient wear an Aqualizer® during the pre-treatment planning stage as a uniquely effective deprogrammer. This will allow the patient’s own muscles to establish the mandibular position that produces maximum comfort and functionality. Incorporate this muscle compatible position into the treatment plan to get the most successful results.
- Build your splints to a muscle-guided occlusion: Step-by-step, the Aqualizer® precisely guides your adjustment of any occlusal surface, including rigid splints. Using an Aqualizer® bite registration and/or deprogramming and tapping, the Aqualizer® system pinpoints all interfering or displacing contacts so you can make that occlusal position permanent. The Aqualizer® system may be easily used in conjunction with articulation paper, the Tekscan T-Scan®, and other existing occlusal analysis aids. Save adjustment time, eliminate trial and error, and increase patient comfort.
More than one million patients have experienced the rapid pain relief that the Aqualizer® provides. Health professionals from dentists to chiropractors safely recommend Aqualizer® dental splints to anyone suffering from head, neck, or shoulder pain. The Aqualizer® will effectively relieve pain that is a result of malocclusion. Contact us for more information on the Aqualizer®.
Three Types of Aqualizers
Aqualizer® Size Selection
The Aqualizer® is available in three different thicknesses: Low, Medium and High. The thickness is determined by the amount of fluid in the Aqualizer®
Low volume Ultra and Slim Aqualizers® : 1 mm thick are for patients with restricted opening, or sensitivity to anything in the mouth.
Medium volume Ultra and Slim Aqualizers® : 2 mm thick, are used by most patients.
High volume Ultra and Slim Aqualizers® : 3 mm thick are for patients with excessive posterior freeway space, or need their bites opened up.
Aqualizer® Ultra: The Ultra is used for average size adult mouths. Our best seller.
Low volume 1 mm thick, Medium volume 2 mm thick, High volume 3 mm thick
The Ultra model has a full-sized adult arch and is available in three different vertical dimensions: Low, Medium and High. The vertical dimension (thickness) is controlled by the amount of fluid in the Aqualizer. Medium Volume Ultras are used by most patients (90%). Low Volume Ultras are for patients with restricted opening, and are also perfect for getting a muscle-directed bite registration for splints. High Volume Ultras are used when a patient has excessive freeway space and/or needs a greater vertical dimension to fill the space between the upper and lower occlusal surfaces (deep bites or over-closed patients). Ultras fit over braces and clear aligners.
Ultra Open Verticals: Low 2mm, Med 3-4mm, High 5-6mm.
Aqualizer® Slim: This slimmer shape adapts well to the dental arch with less lingual contact and is suitable for more sensitive patients.
Aqualizer® Used for average sized mouths.
Low volume 1 mm thick, Medium volume 2 mm thick, High volume 3 mm thick
Aqualizer® Mini: The Aqualizer® Mini is a smaller Ultra design with smaller pads and arch length . Used for teens and small mouths.
Low volume .75 mm thick, Medium volume 1.5 mm thick, High volume 2 mm thick
The Mini model is a smaller version of the Ultra model with a shorter arch length and water pads that are half the width and height of the Ultra. It is suitable for teens and adults with smaller mouths and teeth, or anyone sensitive to lingual contact (gagging). Medium Volume Minis are used by most patients and are also perfect for getting a muscle-directed bite registration for splints. Low Volume Minis are used for patients with very restricted opening. High Volume Minis are used to get 3mm of vertical dimension with the smallest footprint.
Mini Open Verticals: Low .75 mm, Med 1.5 mm, High 2 mm.